Nutritionist/Dietitian Services and Weight Loss Counseling at Avance Care
At Avance Care, our registered dietitians are here to help you, no matter where you are on your journey to better health. There is no one-size-fits-all approach for nutrition. Our nutrition counseling is tailored to your specific health needs and our registered dietitians are specially trained to assist with weight management, diabetes/prediabetes, heart health, gastrointestinal concerns, and emotion and disordered eating. We offer specialized programs to address weight concerns, blood sugar management, and emotional eating, as well as create customized nutrition and lifestyle plans for a wide variety of needs.
We Improve the Health of Our Patients By:
- Partnering with you to develop a lifestyle and eating plan that is sustainable
- Creating tailored food plans to help manage chronic diseases or reach other goals, such as fitness or weight management
- Teaching how to listen to your body’s natural cues for hunger and fullness
- Ordering mindful eating practice
- Coaching and counseling, using behavioral techniques designed to help build new habits and change old habits
- Promoting self-care techniques, such as sleep hygiene, stress management, mindfulness and relaxation techniques
- Reducing risk for chronic disease and complications through the healing power of foods and physical activity you enjoy
- Developing a healthier relationship with food
- Annual Healthy Eating Cookbook – Avance Care dietitian-customized recipes, grocery store tips, and meal prep guide that promote a healthy, nutritious lifestyle
Remember, small changes in your lifestyle make a huge difference for your health! Research shows that nutrition and lifestyle interventions start to generate positive effects in the body immediately.
Other Avance Nutrition Service offerings include: body composition analysis, healthy recipe development, access to online weight loss support group, diabetes group workshops, and grocery store tours.
Meet Your Registered Dietitian
A licensed dietitian/nutritionist is a nutrition professional who has met defined academic and professional requirements and is recognized as your most credible source of nutrition information. In addition, RDNs are trained how to use evidence-based nutrition recommendations to prevent and control disease. Our RDNs are also trained in providing comprehensive diabetes education for our patients and hold additional specialty certifications in weight management, personal training, and diabetes management.
What We Offer:
- Effective weight loss and weight management solutions.
- Nutrition interventions for pre-diabetes, diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol, heart disease and many other conditions.
- Program designed to curb emotional eating.
- Customized nutrition and lifestyle care plans.
- Ongoing support, coaching and monitoring to ensure your success.
- For more resources on nutrition and recipes that support healthy living, visit the blog.
Hear It From Our Patients
How Much Will This Cost?
Most insurers will cover nutritional counseling provided by a Licensed Dietitian/Nutritionist. Currently, Avance Care provides in-network services to members of Blue Cross and Blue Shield (BCBS), Cigna, Aetna/Coventry, UnitedHealthcare, and Medicare. We also offer these services at an affordable rate if you need to pay for the services as an out of pocket expense. To learn more about this service and benefits that may be available to you click here.
Latest Nutrition Resources
Written by: Grace Burton, MS, RDN, LDN Prep Time: 20 minutes Makes: 6 servings Ingredients Salad: 1, 15 ounce can of low sodium chickpeas, drained and rinsed1, 15 ounce can of low sodium white beans, drained and rinsed¼ cup pitted kalamata olives, halved1/3 cup...read more
Written by Dr. Sharon B. Kirlik, PhD, LCSW, Behavioral Wellness Therapist Angst, heartache, drama, highs and lows — Ah… the tell-tale signs that your teenager is off on their journey of self-discovery to explore who they are as individuals. It’s never been easy...read more
Written by: Elizabeth Elam, MS, RDN, LDN Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 12 minutes Makes: 8 servings Ingredients Dill Yogurt Sauce:1 garlic clove, minced1 cup chopped, fresh dill (stems removed)1 ¼ cup Greek yogurt1 tablespoon olive oilJuice of ½ lemonPinch of...read more
Written by: Elizabeth Elam, MS, RDN, LDN Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes Makes: 8 servings Ingredients 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil2 garlic cloves, minced3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted and divided (walnuts are a great substitute)2 tablespoons red wine...read more
In the past few months, we have seen rapid changes in our lives, disrupting our typical work and health routines. Many people are finding it difficult to stay active and exercise on a regular basis, and just as many find themselves eating out of boredom or stress...read more
Written by: Julia Bumpus, MS, RDN, LDN Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes Makes: 2 servings Ingredients 1 10 oz bag of frozen cauliflower rice1 tablespoon sesame oil1 egg1 tablespoon soy sauce (use tamari if you desire a gluten free dish)1 clove garlic,...read more